Now Hiring at Alaska's newest ski resort!
Skeetawk accepts applications for open positions on a rolling basis. We currently have a need for lift operations staff (click here for job description).
If interested please send a resume and general letter (email is fine) to:
Skeetawk Job Announcement
Closing Date 8/20/2021
Hatcher Alpine Xperience (HAX) is a 501c(3) non-profit organization that manages Skeetawk; a new alpine recreation facility in Hatcher Pass (Palmer) Alaska.
HAX is seeking a versatile, creative and experienced Mountain Manager. The Mountain Manager ensures the organization meets industry standards and best practices for ski areas and provides management of on mountain activities.
Duties and responsibilities include oversight of, planning for and executing daily operations, general maintenance activities, and development/implementation of the Board of Director’s long term plan for Skeetawk. The Mountain Manager is expected to develop and implement maintenance programs to ensure equipment maintenance requirements are identified, documented and implemented to industry standards.
The Mountain Manager works with employees, contractors, and volunteers with direct responsibility for hiring, training, and supervising mountain operations staff. The applicant has a critical eye for detail and promotes a high-quality guest experience. The applicant is a team builder willing to “get into the trenches” and work across departments to meet visitor and employee requirements. Leading by example is the applicant’s mantra.
The applicant works advises the BOD on ski area operations to provide assistance for long-term vision and planning . Attendance at board meetings and Skeetawk functions is mandatory as the applicants’ input is a valued piece of the Boards decision making process. Various Board committees may require technical or other input which is expected by the applicant to ensure committee success.
The applicant understands and manages industry standard insurance requirements relevant to current risk. The applicant manages the day-to-day insurance portfolio interfacing with the insurance company representative. Insurance audits are conducted by insurance company underwriters regularly and are the responsibility of the applicant as well.
Reports to: Board of Directors Executive Committee (a specific committee member is assigned as a single point of contact.)
● Minimum 10+ years of experience in a ski industry leadership or supervisory role.
● Ability to supervise, operate, and maintain all aspects of Lift Operations and Maintenance Programs including Level II Lift Technician Responsibilities.
● Full knowledge of ASNI B77 standards, state skier statutes, and skier safety acts.
● Experience supervising various departments including; grooming/ trails, ski patrol, lift operations, and area wide maintenance.
● Ability to coordinate day to day operations and supervise staff in multiple departments.
● Experience with project management and facilities maintenance.
● Effective written and verbal communicator with problem solving ability and conflict resolution skills.
● A spirit of collaboration, a sense of humor, and a passion for our organizational values
● Available to work weekends, holidays, and some evenings.
• Experience with ski area risk management including ski patrol, terrain parks, accident investigation, and industry insurance programs. •
Experience with lift, vehicle maintenance and grooming operations.
• Heavy equipment operator experience.
• Construction experience including; biking/ hiking trail building, general carpentry, welding/ fabrication, and general electrical.
POSITION DETAILS: This is a full-time salaried management level position. Flexible work plans are available in summer and fall; and candidate must work weekends and holiday breaks during ski season (November 15-April 30). Rate of Pay: Starting Salary of $50,000+ per year based on experience. Benefits: Accrued paid time off after one year probationary period. Matching IRA contributions.
TO APPLY: Please send a letter of interest, resume, list of training/certifications, and three professional references to Hiring Committee, c/o Hatcher Alpine Xperience, PO Box 1733 Palmer Ak 99645 or preferably by email attachment in pdf or MS word format to email@example.com “Mountain Manager” in the subject line. Call 907-440-0733 for questions. The position is open until filled, interested persons are encouraged to submit requested application materials as soon as possible.
Application Closing Date: 8/20/21
Anticipated Start Date: 10/4/21
Hatcher Alpine Xperience (HAX) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act. HAX hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability
All applicants should be prepared to submit to a background check and provide employment references.
Skeetawk and Hatcher Alpine Xperience is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.